I’ve only had one mother’s day so far and I’m not sure I even remember it. With an 11 month old who still hadn’t accepted the awesomeness of sleep, I was in a daze. I only took one photo of the two of us that day:
I don’t even remember getting a card (to all the dads out there – the present is optional. The card is not.)
I do remember Sarge making pancakes for me and when the boys delivered them to me in bed, Thud grabbed them all off the plate and ate them. Happy Mother’s Day.
Now I’m gearing up for my second mother’s day and I’m expecting BIG THINGS. Bahaha… Ok, in all likelihood it will be very similar to most days, but if I could plan my perfect mother’s day, it would look like this:
- Everyone in the house would sleep soundly until 8am (this includes you Bella. Cats do not need breakfast at 3am). I would wake up feeling like I’ve slept for four days
- I would stay in bed and watch a bit of breakfast TV while the boys make me some pancakes
- I would be allowed to eat my pancakes
- I would roll out of bed at about 9am and I’d magically be freshly showered and dressed and look like a million bucks with zero effort or makeup
- The house would be as clean as it is just before guests come over
- I would have ZERO work to do. Not one thing on my to-do list
- We’d head out to a park where I’d lounge on a surprisingly comfortable park bench that had a foot rest and a massage function. It’d also have a cup holder for when the park’s cabana boy brought me cocktails while I watch Thud have the time of his life. He’d always stay where I can see him and no other child would try to beat him up. When we left, Thud would voluntarily leave with me and he’d choose to hold my hand and not lie down on the ground screaming so I have to drag him by the arm to the car
- When we got home, Thud would put himself down for his nap and I’d read a book. Ordinarily I’d wish for a little disco nap, but I wouldn’t need one because I slept SO well last night and am feeling WIDE AWAKE for the first time in forever. I’d have a cup of tea and some fluffy cake with lots of icing and I’d read something brilliant that’d make me feel smart again. And I wouldn’t feel at all guilty because the house would be spotless and I’d have no work to do
- When Thud woke up, we’d all go to the movies, as a family, for the very first time. My son, whose attention span is goldfish-like and will only watch TV for about 11 minutes at a time would sit still for two whole hours and he’d love every minute of whatever movie I want to watch. When we got back to the car, he’d happily sit in his car seat and would sing me songs all the way home that don’t include the lyrics mummymummymummymummymummy
- After the movie there’d be a solid hour of cuddles, kisses and snuggles. There’d be no squirming out of my vice-like grip
- At dinner time Thud would eat EVERYTHING placed in front of him and he’d ask for more. He’d eat those peas like they’re little green balls of heaven and he’d ask where all the broccoli is. Not one thing would be thrown on the floor and there wouldn’t be a single request for pasta
- Bath time would be all giggles and smiles and he’d leap for the toothbrush and brush his own teeth with a big smile on his face because it’s so.much.fun to prevent your teeth rotting out of your head. He’d enjoy it so much he’d ask to brush them again. He’d fall in love with dental hygiene (who wouldn’t!?) and will do it every morning and night forevermore without conniption fits (his) and black eyes (mine)
- Bedtime would be all cuddles and snuggles and he’d say “I love you Mummy” and would then lie down in his bed and go straight to sleep because sleep is awesome
- I’d then have a gorgeous dinner that I didn’t have to cook and fairies would put a spell on the kitchen that makes it eternally clean
- Then I’d sink into the couch and watch Game of Thrones
So now it’s your turn! Tell me what your perfect day would look like (it doesn’t have to be a 15 point list, just tell me one thing that would make your day perfect) and you could win this gorgeous necklace from Miglio Jewellery valued at $228. Featuring a silver belcher chain (which can be worn short or long) and a removable pendant made with semi-precious Jade, green suede and Swarovski crystals.
Leave your comment below, or head to The Thud on Facebook to leave your comment there. The best answer wins. Good luck!!
The necklace is a gift from Miglio Jewellery and I’m a bit happy to say they’re giving me one too! And I didn’t need to enter or anything. PERKS! So yeah if you win, you and I will have matching necklaces. BFF style xx
Terms and Conditions
- This is a game of skill. Each valid entry will be judged by Lauren, based on creativity and originality.
- There is one prize: 1 x Miglio necklace and pendant worth $228.
- Competition begins at 6pm Sydney time on Sunday 26th April 2015 and finishes at midnight on Monday 4th May 2015.
- This competition is hosted by The Thud and is open to all Australian readers of The Thud. (sorry to my lovely international readers!)
- Prize is not transferable or changeable.
- Entry is via leaving a comment on this blog post or on Facebook in answer to the question.
- The winner will be announced on Tuesday the 5th of May on The Thud’s Facebook page. This giveaway is not endorsed by Facebook.
- The decision on the winner is final.
- If the winner is not able to be contacted or does not respond to The Thud within 48 hours, a runner-up will be chosen.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.