Do you remember taking your first baby home from the hospital?
First there was the shock of leaving the hospital COMPLETELY UNSUPERVISED. Like, these people just totally let us leave with this newborn baby and no one was watching to make sure we didn’t kill him. We just rolled his little plastic box to the exit, stood there awkwardly for an eternity before simply picking him up and walking out the door, glancing back to see if anyone responsible was going to stop us. But no, they didn’t care. They just let us go. Just like that.
It took us about 15 minutes to strap baby Thud into the car. He was so tiny and we didn’t want to hurt him. We were both squashed into the back seat, fiddling with straps and tiny limbs, making sure he was extra snug and safely strapped in.
Then we drove about 15km under the speed limit all the way home. I sat in the back seat with my hand on the baby because, you know, I just needed to touch him. Because new mum. I kept staring down all the other cars that came too close or dared speed past us. Didn’t they know I had a BABY in the car? A tiny, fragile, five day old BABY? What’s the rush people? Calm down! And GET AWAY FROM MY CAR AND MY BABY!
Don’t worry, that level of lunatic did die down. Eventually. And I eventually moved to the front seat of the car and let baby Thud dominate the back seat all on his own. That was a big day….
We’d spent FOREVER researching car seats with the fervour that all brand new parents-to-be dedicate to all the new baby purchases. Lists of pros and cons, print outs of the safety features, trawling the net for reviews and recall alerts.
We eventually settled on the Maxi Cosi Hera. I can’t even remember why now, but I’m fairly sure it was the absolute best we could find in our hours and hours of research.
Well now Maxi Cosi has a brand new seat that you can win!
The Euro NXT is the new, top of the range seat from Maxi Cosi and has all the bells and whistles you could possibly want in a car seat.
Most of all, it’s bloody safe. It has Air Protect Superior Side Impact Protection to protect the child’s head in a crash and GCELL protection which is next generation, crash absorbing technology that provides a honeycomb-like crumple zone for side full body protection
It also has the brand new ISOFIX latch system, which makes it even easier and safer to install. Along with the top of the range 6-point harness, machine washable covers and infant insert. You can use the seat from birth to 4 years.
I was also given one for baby number two (score! Thank you Maxi Cosi) but I let Thud have a go in it for a few days to see what it was like. Which was actually pretty stupid because now he doesn’t want to go back to his old seat because it’s old and boring and this seat is all new and fancy and it’s “for the baby” which naturally means he should have it.
The Maxi- Cosi Euro NXT is available at all good retailers nationally, $649 rrp. Visit maxi-cosi.com.au or contact Dorel Australia on 1300 809 526 for more information.
WIN ONE FOR YOURSELF!
So, would you like to win one of these awesome seats? All you have to do is comment below and tell me why you need the seat. Yes I mean it. That’s it! The best/ most creative answer wins. Tell me your story and why this seat needs to come to you.
Good luck! Can’t wait to read your responses.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a game of skill. Each valid entry will be judged by Lauren, based on creativity and originality.
- There is one prize: 1 x Maxi Cosi Euro NXT car seat worth $649.
- Competition begins at 12pm Sydney time on Tuesday 20th October 2015 and finishes at midnight on Sunday 1st November 2015.
- This competition is hosted by The Thud and is open to all Australian readers of The Thud. (sorry to my lovely international readers!)
- Prize is not transferable or changeable.
- Entry is via leaving a comment on this blog post in answer to the question – WHY do you need a new car seat?
- The winner will be announced on Monday the 2nd of November on The Thud’s Facebook page. This giveaway is not endorsed by Facebook.
- The decision on the winner is final.
- If the winner is not able to be contacted or does not respond to The Thud within 48 hours, a runner-up will be chosen.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
* Please note that by entering this competition the lucky winner agrees to answer four short questions about his/her experience with the Euro NXT